What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

Are Backlinks Still the Biggest SEO Ranking Factor?

DanielaReyes

New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Google seems to be placing more emphasis on useful content and genuine expertise. Are backlinks still essential for ranking, or can a strong website succeed without actively building them?
 
Backlinks still matter in competitive niches, but quality and relevance outweigh volume. A strong site can rank for less competitive terms through useful content, technical health, and internal linking, so I would not treat link building as the only lever.
 
I still think backlinks can help, but I wouldn’t rely on them too much. Having solid content and making the site easy to navigate can probably take you pretty far, especially when you’re targeting less competitive topics.
 
Top