What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

I was curious to know your thoughts about this one. What makes a brand iconic?

I think a brand becomes iconic when its products have proven over time that they actually work. Consistency and trust build up, and eventually people recognize the brand because they know what to expect from it.
I mean, some people buy the product for the brand itself, like Gucci, Loewe, and many more. I think that’s one of the things that makes a brand iconic. The name itself already has value.
 
An iconic brand should have strong associations in the mind of the consumer. It should have some level of distinctiveness, which makes it identifiable, and it generally has a presence in the minds of the people in the long term. What makes a brand iconic is its ability to leverage certain associations that are valuable, unique, and enduring. It usually appeals to a certain category of people and is not trying to be everything to everybody, and although brand recognition is important, it is not enough to make a brand iconic.
 
I think a brand becomes iconic when its products have proven over time that they actually work. Consistency and trust build up, and eventually people recognize the brand because they know what to expect from it.
Nice! Completely agree on this one.
 
Top