What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

What’s the worst piece of marketing advice you were given early on?

GarrickHayes

New member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
When you're new, it's hard to tell good advice from bad advice. Looking back, what’s one tip someone gave you that ended up wasting your time or money?
 
When you're new, it's hard to tell good advice from bad advice. Looking back, what’s one tip someone gave you that ended up wasting your time or money?
Someone once told me to post as much as possible, thinking more content automatically meant more people would notice the business. I ended up spending so much time making posts that I barely had time to check what was actually working. Looking back, I wish I had focused more on quality and results instead of just posting for the sake of it.
 
One piece of advice I got was to be on every social media platform right away. I tried doing it for a while, but it just became hard to keep up with everything. Focusing on a few platforms would’ve saved me a lot of time.
 
I remember the time I was told to change an ad whenever it wasn’t getting good results right away. I kept making little changes so often that I never really got to see what was actually working. Looking back, I should’ve given each version more time before changing it.
 
I was once told that offering discounts all the time was the best way to get people to buy. I tried it for a while, but it made the product feel less valuable. It taught me that not every sale has to come from a discount.
 
Top