What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

When do you change the offer instead of the marketing?

SophieR

New member
Joined
Jul 23, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I see teams keep rewriting ads and landing pages when the offer itself may be the issue. What signs tell you the positioning, pricing, or package needs to change rather than the creative or targeting? Do you run a specific test before deciding?
 
I would test the offer before rewriting everything. Hold the audience and page steady, then test one meaningful offer variable such as the package, price framing, guarantee, or bonus. If the same traffic responds better without a major creative change, that points to the offer; if not, I would examine message-to-market fit and landing-page friction next.
 
The clearest signal that the offer is the problem is healthy clicks with a high bounce and no conversion - especially if competitors convert on a similar offer at a similar price, in which case it's usually message-to-market fit, not the offer itself. When I do test the offer, I change one variable such as price framing, guarantee, or a bonus, and keep the creative and audience identical. Post-click conversion rate tells you more than click-through rate in that situation.
 
I usually consider changing the offer when I've already tried different marketing strategies but still aren't getting the results I expect. Sometimes, the problem isn't how I'm promoting the product but what I'm actually offering. If customers keep mentioning the price or saying they don't see enough value, that's usually a sign that I need to rethink the offer rather than spend more time and money on marketing.
 
I usually consider changing the offer when I've already tried different marketing strategies but still aren't getting the results I expect. Sometimes, the problem isn't how I'm promoting the product but what I'm actually offering. If customers keep mentioning the price or saying they don't see enough value, that's usually a sign that I need to rethink the offer rather than spend more time and money on marketing.

I mean if customers are interested but still aren't buying, I'd look at whether the offer actually solves their problem or meets their needs. Sometimes, it's not about the price but the value or benefits they're getting.
 
Top