What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

Which Marketing Metric Do You Check First?

ethancastillo

New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Traffic, conversions, cost per lead, and revenue all tell different stories. Which metric do you look at first when deciding whether a campaign is actually working?
 
I usually look at conversions first. Getting a lot of traffic is nice, but what really matters is whether people are actually buying, like if 1,000 people visit but only 2 end up purchasing, that tells you something needs to be improved.
 
I usually look at conversions first. Getting a lot of traffic is nice, but what really matters is whether people are actually buying, like if 1,000 people visit but only 2 end up purchasing, that tells you something needs to be improved.
Me too. Traffic is nice to see, but I usually care more about whether those visitors are actually turning into customers.
 
The first metric I aim to examine is conversions. I do not disregard traffic, clicks, and impressions. Still, it is essential to analyze figures to identify the leading force that impacts the bottom line. It allows me to comprehend the marketing process and get to the key metric that provides a fair indication of success.
 
The first metric I aim to examine is conversions. I do not disregard traffic, clicks, and impressions. Still, it is essential to analyze figures to identify the leading force that impacts the bottom line. It allows me to comprehend the marketing process and get to the key metric that provides a fair indication of success.
I agree, conversions are probably one of the best metrics to start with. Traffic and clicks are useful too, but at the end of the day, you want to know if those people are actually taking the action that matters.
 
To be fair, I’d check all of them since they each tell you something different, but I’d pay the most attention to conversions. They show whether the campaign is actually turning interest into action.
 
Top